Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy weekend at ISB

Happy weekend at ISB - The Indian School of Business

I know that there is still one more day to go in the week.

But that is how it is over here. We have lectures only from Mon - Thu. Cool isn't it?

Now that is where the fun ends, because the last 3 days of the week are more jam packed than the first four. There are tonnes of assignments which take your day and night. (just as a relief I thought of writing to you at 4:52 am). The amount of pre read that we have is so much that if I could maintain this reading speed for 2 months I can read all books in TCS library.

Anyways, core Term 1 has begun and life is hectic beyond doubt. The class hours are ok but that is all. Nothing else is close to OK. But I am not complaining because the professors are amazing. The guy who teaches us Statistics is a world renowned author and his books are used around the world as a textbook.

I have Marketing, Accounts (Basic), Managerial Economics and Statistics for this term (5 weeks). I have been given 'exemption' from Basic Accounting only if I submit a research (independent study) paper by end of the term. I am going for that option. I have decided the topic of Valuation of Brands. Let's see how it goes. I thought that rather than attending the classes and showing off in front of non CAs why not take something different. Anyways, I have taken the year off for studying so want to utilize this to learn something. It would have been far easier to sit in the class and top the same (Grade A) but where is the fun in that. So I will be graded based on the Paper that I submit. There are other CAs too who have taken this option.

I am finding it difficult to cope up with Statistics, but hope to catch on.

Amruta (my wife) and Sai (my kiddo) are doing fine. I think they stay somewhere close by because I do bump into them every now and then :-)

Thats all for now -

@mit

No comments: